Thursday, September 21, 2006

Pagosa Springs Update

It has been about a week since my last post and much has happened since then.

We left Denver and spent two wonderful days in a nice campground in the mountains. Only one problem, on the way into the camp site I managed to hug a large pine tree with the RV and left some long scratches on the driver side. Also did some bending and breaking such as a work light and the molding to the slide-out. Some cold forging and hard work with some rubbing compound took almost all the marks off the RV. Whoever designed that campground did not have 30 foot 5th wheel RV’s in mind.

After leaving the camp grounds we drove over the pass through the Eisenhower Tunnel and then down to Leadville, CO. The trees were a beautiful fall color and every turn of the road was spectacular. Then the problems began. As we were going down the main drag of Leadville, the clutch of the truck completely failed! I managed to force the transmission into the lowest gear. Knowing I couldn’t shift, I had to run a red light and go on down the street until I found a Shamrock station with enough room for us to pull out of the way and park. Good Sam Emergency was called and after three hours our truck was in a garage and the RV was parked in a park. Thanks to the small town, the garage was across the street from the RV Park. Two days later, the truck was repaired and we were on our way. It snowed the morning we left with about an inch of snow on the ground.

We both thank the Good Lord for letting us get into a town before the clutch gave out. If that had happened on some of the mountain roads we had just traveled, there would have been a much more serious problem! The Lord is Good!!

We drove as far as Salida, Colorado and spent two leisurely days there. This town is located on a very nice high mountain plateau. Then we drove over to Fun Valley Colorado and spent two days there watching the square dancing and barn dancing. Snow was predicted in the passes so we left early to get over Wolf creek pass and into Pagosa, Colorado where we are at present. We plan to spend until this coming Monday here. Then it will be back to Texas. Linda tells us that our county got six inches of rain which is very good news and the weather reports indicate that the summer heat has broken, also good news.

******************

THE PLANE IS ON ITS WAY TO HOUSTON WHEN A BLONDE IN ECONOMY CLASS GETS UP AND MOVES TO THE FIRST CLASS SECTION AND SITS DOWN.

THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT WATCHES HER DO THIS AND ASKS TO SEE HER TICKET. SHE THEN TELLS THE BLONDE THAT SHE PAID FOR ECONOMY CLASS AND THAT SHE WILL HAVE TO SIT IN THE BACK.

THE BLONDE REPLIES, "I'M BLOND, I'M BEAUTIFUL, I'M GOING TO HOUSTON AND I'M STAYING RIGHT HERE."

THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT GOES INTO THE COCKPIT AND TELLS THE PILOT AND THE CO-PILOT THAT THERE IS A BLONDE SITTING IN FIRST CLASS THAT BELONGS IN ECONOMY AND WON'T MOVE BACK TO HER SEAT.

THE CO-PILOT GOES BACK TO THE BLONDE AND TRIES TO EXPLAIN THAT BECAUSE SHE ONLY PAID FOR ECONOMY SHE WILL HAVE TO LEAVE AND RETURN TO HER SEAT.

THE BLONDE REPLIES, "I'M BLONDE, I'M BEAUTIFUL, I'M GOING TO HOUSTON AND I'M STAYING RIGHT HERE."

THE CO-PILOT TELLS THE PILOT THAT HE PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE THE POLICE WAITING WHEN THEY LAND TO ARREST THIS BLONDE WOMAN WHO WON'T LISTEN TO REASON.

THE PILOT SAYS, "YOU SAY SHE IS A BLONDE? I'LL HANDLE THIS. I'M MARRIED TO A BLONDE. I SPEAK BLONDE."

HE GOES BACK TO THE BLONDE AND WHISPERS IN HER EAR, AND SHE SAYS, "OH, I'M SORRY." AND SHE GETS UP AND GOES BACK TO HER SEAT IN ECONOMY.

THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT AND CO-PILOT ARE AMAZED AND ASKED HIM WHAT HE SAID TO MAKE HER MOVE WITHOUT ANY FUSS.

I TOLD HER, "FIRST CLASS ISN'T GOING TO HOUSTON."

Thank you Arnold

No comments: