Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Hope

22 [Because of] the Lord’s faithful love we do not perish, for His mercies never end.

23 They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness!

24 I say: The Lord is my portion, therefore I will put my hope in Him.

25 The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him.

26 It is good to wait quietly for deliverance from the Lord.
Lam 3:22-26 (HCSB)

*******************

Sometimes our concept of our own importance gets in the way of being honest with God and even at times with others as the following bit of humor points out.

As a professor at Texas A & M, I taught during the day and did research at night. I would usually take a break around nine, however, calling up the strategy game Warcraft on the Internet and playing with an on-line team.

One night I was paired with a veteran of the game who was a master strategist. With him at the helm, our troops crushed opponent after opponent, and after six games we were undefeated.

Suddenly my fearless leader informed me his mom wanted him to go to bed.

"How old are you?" I typed.

"Twelve," he replied. "How old are you?"

Feeling my face redden, I answered, "Eight."

No comments: