Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Helen's Home Going

On Friday, the 8th of February, 2008, my wife of 57 years, Helen, went to be with her Lord. It is at times like this that only the strength that comes from knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior keeps me from asking "why." Today I read the following paragraph from "The Letters to the Romans" by William Barclay, page 200.

"It is hard not to worry, for man is characteristically a creature who looks forward to guess and fear. The only end to that worry is the utter conviction that, whatever happens, God’s hand will never cause his child a needless tear. Things will happen that we cannot understand, but if we are sure enough of God’s love, we can accept with serenity even those things which wound the heart and baffle the mind."

This has given me much comfort this morning.

God Bless all who read the above.

No comments: