Friday, March 21, 2008

Air Traffic (out of ) Control

During a taxi, the crew of a US Air departure flight to Ft.
Lauderdale made a wrong turn and came nose-to-nose with a
United 727. The irate ground controller (a female) lashed
out at the US Air crew screaming, "US Air 2771, where are
you going? I told you to turn right on 'Charlie' taxi way;
you turned right on 'Delta.' Stop right there. I know it's
difficult to tell the difference between a C and a D, but
get it right."

Continuing her lashing to the embarrassed crew, she was now
shouting hysterically, "You've screwed everything up; it'll
take forever to sort this out. You stay right there and
don't move until I tell you to. You can expect progressive
taxi instructions in about a half hour, and I want you to go
exactly where I tell you, when I tell you, and how I tell
you. You got that, US Air 2771?"

Naturally, the "ground control" frequency went terribly
silent until an unknown male pilot broke the silence and
asked, "Wasn't I married to you once?"

Received from Thomas Ellsworth.

Brought to you by GCFL.net: The Good, Clean Funnies List
A cheerful heart is good medicine... (Prov 17:22a)
Mail address: GCFL, Box 100, Harvest, AL 35749, USA

No comments: