Friday, June 11, 2010

Quotation:

Some day you will read in the papers that D. L. Moody, of
East Northfield, is dead. Don't you believe a word of it! At
that moment I shall be more alive than I am now. I shall have
gone up higher, that is all; out of this old clay tenement into
a house that is immortal, a body that death cannot touch, that
sin cannot taint, a body like unto His own glorious body. I was
born of the flesh in 1837. I was born of the Spirit in 1856.
That which is born of the flesh may die. That which is born of
the Spirit will live forever.
... Dwight Lyman Moody (1837-1899), quoted in The Shorter
Life of D. L. Moody, v. 1, Paul Dwight Moody & Arthur
Percy Fit, Chicago: The Bible Institute Colportage
Association, 1900, p. 9
See the book at http://cqod.com/r/rs421

No comments: