Friday, August 25, 2006

Humor, Human Interest and The Rediculous

A drunken cowboy lay sprawled across three entire seats in the posh Amarillo Theater.

When the usher came by and noticed this, he whispered to the cowboy, "Sorry, sir, but you're only allowed one seat."

The cowboy groaned but didn't budge. The usher became more impatient: "Sir, if you don't get up from there I'm going to have to call the
manager."

Once again, the cowboy just groaned. The usher marched briskly back up the aisle, and in a moment he returned with the manager. Together

the two
of them tried repeatedly to move the cowboy, but with no success.

Finally they summoned the police.

The Texas Ranger surveyed the situation briefly then asked, "All right buddy what's your name?"

"Sam," the cowboy moaned.

"Where ya'll from, Sam?" asked the Ranger.

With terrible pain in his voice, and without moving a muscle, Sam replied,

... "the balcony."


Enjoy! Posted by Picasa

What a Nice Story

Billy Graham is now 86 years old with Parkinson's disease.

In January 2000, leaders in Charlotte, North Carolina, Invited their favorite son, Billy Graham, to a luncheon in His honor.
Billy initially hesitated to accept the invitation because he struggles with Parkinson's disease.
But the Charlotte leaders said, "We don't expect a major address. Just come and let us honor you."So he agreed.

After wonderful things were said about him, Dr. Graham stepped to the rostrum, looked at the crowd,
and said, "I'm reminded today of Albert Einstein, the great physicist who this month has been honored by
Time magazine as the man of the century. Einstein was once traveling from Princeton on a train when the conductor
came down the aisle, punching the tickets of every passenger. When he came to Einstein, Einstein reached in his vest pocket.
He couldn't find his ticket, so he reached in his trouser pockets. It wasn't there, so he looked in his briefcase but couldn't
find it. Then he looked in the seat beside him. He still couldn't find it.

The conductor said, "Dr. Einstein, I know who you are. We all know who you are. I'm sure you bought a ticket. Don't worry about it."

Einstein nodded appreciatively. The conductor continued down the aisle punching tickets. As he was ready to move to the next car, he turned
around and saw the great physicist down on his hands and knees looking under his seat for his ticket.

The conductor rushed back and said, "Dr. Einstein, Dr. Einstein, don't worry, I know who you are. No problem. You don't need a ticket. I'm sure

you bought one."

Einstein looked at him and said, "Young man, I too, know who I am. What I don't know is where I'm going.'"

Having said that Billy Graham continued, "See the suit I'm wearing? It's a brand new suit. My wife, my children, and my grandchildren are telling
me I've gotten a little slovenly in my old age. I used to be a bit more fastidious. So I went out and bought a new suit for this luncheon and one
more occasion.
You know what that occasion is? This is the suit in which I'll be buried. But when you hear I'm dead, I don't want you to immediately remember the
suit I'm wearing. I want you to remember this:I not only know who I am .. I also know where I'm going."

I pray that each one of you know who you are and where you are going when you leave this life. I pray that each one of you have received Jesus
Christ as your personal Saviour and that you too are heaven bonund.

Blessings

Charlotte

Thank you for sending this Ron and Cherie

***********************************

The curious case of NEA priorities

By Alan Sears

Friday, August 25, 2006


It is, arguably, the most powerful union and lobbying group in the country. And you cannot envy what its members are up against. Day after day, the National Education Association (NEA) sees the same statistics we do. Plunging test scores. Floods of incoming college freshman who can’t read at even a sixth-grade level. Principals and school boards groping for incentives that will draw better teachers into lifelong service for high stress and infrequent appreciation.
...........................
Well, they figured it out. And, really, faced with so many incredible challenges, their priority makes sense. This is, after all, the NEA. They know the classroom. They know the teachers. They know the real challenges of education. Which is why their elected leaders decided that, before anything else, the first thing our teachers have to do is win popular support for homosexual “marriage.” That’s right. The all-knowing members of the NEA decided that what our kids need to know – more than math, geography, grammar, science, or computer skills – is what men and men see in each other, why women and women fall in love, and what our government and society “owes” those who practice homosexual behavior.
Read the complete article and comments
here.

No comments: